This is a compilation of all my Bibles formatted for Kindle, Nook, and other e-readers here. There are 30 different files here. Besides choosing language and file format there are three variants.
- Single version Bible- is only one version of the Bible or the New Testament
- Parallel Bible-Two languages with one version immediately below each verse. This is good for learning a language.
- Linked Bibles-Two or more languages with a link at the begin of each verse to jump to that verse in anyone of the other languages. This is good for reference or when working in more than two languages. This was necessary because switching between Bibles on the Kindle is tedious.
Why all the types and versions? Because I use them. Each has its place. They are all good ministery and language learning tools. I have grouped them by language.
- Single version GRK NT-Wescott-Hort accented GrkNT-WH.mobi, GrkNT-WH.epub
- Single version GRK NT-Stephanus accented GrkNT-Step.mobi, GrkNT-Steph.epub
- Parallel NT Grk -Eng GK_WH-KJV for Kindle, GK_WH-KJV in ePUB
- Parallell NT Grk-Eng GK_STEPH-KJV for Kindle, GK_STEPH-KJV in ePUB
- Linked Eng-Grk NT Bibles KJV-GRK.mobi, Bibles KJV-GRK.epub
- Single Rus-RST Bibliia-RST.mobi, Bibliia-RST.epub
- Single Ukr-Ogienko Bibliia-Ukrainian.mobi, Bibliia-Ukrainian.epub
- Parallel Rus-Eng RST-KJV for Kindle, RST-KJV in ePUB
- Linked Eng-Rus Bibles KJV-RST.mobi, Bibles KJV-RST.epub
- Linked Eng-Rus-Ukr-Grk NT KJV-RST-UKR-GRK.mobi, KJV-RST-UKR-GRK.epub
- Single Albanian Bible Bibla-Albanian.mobi, Bibla-Albanian.epub
- Parallel Alb-Eng ALB-KJV for Kindle, ALB-KJV in ePUB
- Linked Eng-Alb Bibles KJV-ALB.mobi, Bibles KJV-ALB.epub
- Linked Eng-Alb-GrkNT Bibles KJV-ALB-GRK.mobi, Bibles KJV-ALB-GRK.epub
A word on navigation.
All Bibles have a TOC (Table of Contents) both system and in line. I have developed the navigation for myself, and I can get around the Bible fairly fast. I thought about a two or three letter navigation for jumping to verses, but never could see a system for consistent abbreviations. At least on the Kindle, each book of the Bible is marked so the right key on the five way will take you to the next book. The left will take you to the beginning of the current book and another click will take you to the previous. If the book is not far from where you are than a few clicks either right or left will get you to the beginning of the book where there is a chapter index. If the book it is best to use the TOC. The best way I have found to get to the TOC from anywhere is on the five-way key push left, down,down, and enter (without waiting on the kindle to refresh). This is taking you to the link to the TOC at the beginning of each book. There is also a link to the TOC at the beginning of each chapter as well as a link to the chapter index of the current book. Over all I am satisfied with navigation and hope it is helpful to you.
Let me know of any errors (Verse order out of sync, broken links, or what ever) I also do not use the ePub format so let me know how that is going.
UPDATE Important: The Epub version of KVJ has been updated due to a problem in TOC or the way some devices handle it. It has been fixed. Other versions have not yet. Let me know if there is a problem and you need it fixed.
Kindle Fire and android devices using the kindle app:
It is not enough to just download the file. It must be placed in the appropriate file for the kindle app. This could be done either through your computer or using a file manager on the android device. The files with a mobi extension should be placed in your kindle app data folder to be accessible by your kindle app. On my device it is in a folder on the internal storage. The folder will be something like Androiddatacom.amazon.kindlefiles
Also you can comment any suggestions below.